Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$20 to $25/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
The Dusk’a Head Start Family Learning Centre provides a holistic service, folding families/caregivers into the child development process while responding to special and individual child development needs, and building a strong sense of place, belonging and self-identity with respect to language and culture. The core program for the Centre is based on the Aboriginal Head Start Program with an emphasis on whole family learning, aboriginal language and culture, and support for individual and special needs.
We require a permanent full time Early Childhood Educator. Services offered by the Centre demand a high level of professional and personal skills with corresponding expectations in regard to professional qualifications and personal wellness.
• Level III Early Childhood Education Certification combined with experience delivering children’s programming specific to individual needs;
• Knowledge of recreational, social and life skills and parenting programming and activities relevant to First Nation children;
• Ability to plan, develop and implement programs and activities that meet individual needs with an emphasis on integrating early cultural, aboriginal language end whole family learning with Aboriginal Head Start programming;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment;
• A proven ability to act as a positive role model for young children and to maintain professional confidentiality are required for all positions;
• Knowledge of or willingness to learn Kwanlin Dun history, culture, goals and aspirations is also required.
Conditions of employment include:
• A valid first aid certificate
• Level III Early Childhood Certification with a willingness to maintain
• An acceptable criminal records check
• Medical clearance, ’fit to work’ designation & TB test
• Up to date immunization record
• Valid Driver’s license, Class 4 desirable
This job was posted on Jul 05, 2013
and will be removed on Jul 18, 2013
All applications must be received before Jul 18, 2013
Kwanlin Dun First Nation
Please Contact: Personnel Manager
Address: Kwanlin Dun First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive
To apply for this Job
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, at the KDFN Administration Building, via fax or via email to email@example.com
For a full job description, please visit the KDFN Administration Office or access one on our website at http://www.kwanlindun.com/employment.
The KDFN Hiring Preference policy will be in effect.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition.