Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$20 to $25/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
This position offers a lot of exciting challenges, working at one of the Yukon's most dynamic youth charities. The successful applicant will be responsible for BYTE's external communications, as well as working with youth on multimedia projects such as photography and film making.
Pay is $20 per hour (70 hours per fortnight), plus $1000 in self directed benefits and a generous four weeks of vacation. The ideal candidate is someone with a passion for youth development, non-profit work and multimedia communications.
Core Duties & Responsibilities
• Set & manage BYTE's communications strategy, in conjunction with the Executive Director.
• Write weekly stories for BYTE website ( www.yukonyouth.com);
• Produce articles or press releases for external media;
• Manage social media channels (e.g. facebook, twitter);
• Create and edit photographs & video content for BYTE;
• Design any promotional material (posters, stickers, pamphlets, bookmarks etc.);
• Design and write content for BYTE's annual Newsletter;
• End-to-end management of youth focused projects.
• Distribute proposals/applications to funding bodies, service clubs etc.
Facilitation Team Member
• Assist with Community Outreach Program for any multimedia projects
• Facilitate workshops
• Travel to rural communities with Community Outreach Coordinator and facilitators
• Create multimedia content with youth.
• Help and attend any other BYTE events or meetings
• Contribute to daily office operations such as answering the phone, faxing, photocopying, responding to public inquiries etc.
• Maintain office equipment
• Ensure a clean work environment – participate in the rotation of chores, water plants, take out garbage, organize work space as needed
• Successful completion of post-secondary schooling combined with experience in marketing, communications or another related field;
• Experience with multimedia production, graphic design, interviewing and writing/researching articles for print and online;
• Ability to work in a busy, fast paced office;
• A strong rapport with youth and genuine interest in youth issues;
• Experience overseeing and managing project budgets;
• Ability to be detail-oriented;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet applications;
• Familiarity of BYTE. and its work in the Yukon and;
• Familiarity of Yukon’s First Nations.
This job was posted on Jan 11, 2016
and will be removed on Jan 22, 2016
All applications must be received before Jan 22, 2016
BYTE - Empowering Youth Society
Please Contact: Chris Rider, Executive Director
Phone: (867) 667-7975
Address: 2-407 Ogilvie Street Whitehorse,
YT Y1A 2S5
To apply for this Job
Please email a cover letter, along with a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
I'll try to respond to all candidates, but depending on demand, I may only be able to reply to people who are being invited for interviews. I'm sorry if I don't reply.