Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
About this Job
Core Duties & Responsibilities
• Produce weekly radio program;
• Produce articles for BYTE website ( www.yukonyouth.com);
• Manage social media channels (e.g. facebook, twitter);
• Create and edit video content for BYTE;
• Design any promotional material (posters, stickers, pamphlets, bookmarks etc.);
• BYTE Newsletter;
• What’s Up? Column.
• Distribute proposals/applications to funding bodies, service clubs etc.
Facilitation Team Member
• Assist with Community Outreach Program
• Facilitate workshops
• Travel to rural communities with Community Outreach Coordinator and facilitators
• Create multimedia content with youth.
• Help and attend any other B.Y.T.E. events or meetings
• Contribute to daily office operations such as answering the phone, faxing, photocopying, responding to public inquiries etc.
• Maintain office equipment
• Ensure a clean work environment – participate in the rotation of chores, water plants, take out garbage, organize work space as needed
• Successful completion of post-secondary schooling combined with experience in marketing, communications or another related field;
• Some experience with multimedia production, graphic design, interviewing and writing/researching articles for print and online;
• Standard First Aid & CPR;
• Ability to work in a busy, fast paced office;
• A strong rapport with youth and genuine interest in youth issues;
• Experience overseeing and managing project budgets;
• Ability to be detail-oriented;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends;
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Internet applications;
• Familiarity of B.Y.T.E. and its work in the Yukon and;
• Familiarity of Yukon’s First Nations.
This job was posted on Oct 29, 2012
and will be removed on Nov 23, 2012
All applications must be received before Nov 23, 2012
BYTE - Bringing Youth Towards Equality
Please Contact: Chris Rider, Executive Director
Phone: 867.667.7975 ext 0
Address: #2 407 Ogilvie Street Whitehorse, YT Y1A 2S5
To apply for this Job
Please email a cover letter, along with a copy of your resume to email@example.com.