Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
3.36 million yen per year
About this Job
Discover Japan with the JET Programme!
Have the adventure of a lifetime. Obtain valuable overseas work experience, gain in-depth knowledge of Japanese culture, and meet participants from around the world, while contributing to language education and international understanding at a local level.
The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme offers university graduates a minimum, one-year opportunity to experience Japan as an Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) through an official Government of Japan Programme.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Japan recruits candidates from September to November. Selection of participants is announced in April after application screening and interviews. Participants depart for Japan in early August 2013. Graduates and students who will obtain a Bachelor's Degree by July 26, 2013 may apply.
Assistant Language Teacher (ALT) Duties Include:
• Planning and executing English classes jointly with Japanese English language teachers
• Preparing supplementary teaching materials
• Assisting with the instruction of English Language Clubs
• Other duties as specified by the participant’s contracting organization
• Full-time, one-year, renewable contract positions with benefits
• Extensive support prior to departure for and after arrival in Japan
• Distance learning Japanese language training while in Japan
• Assistance with accommodation arrangements
• Return transportation to Japan
• Job locations throughout Japan.
• University Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) obtained before departure to Japan (July 26, 2013 for August 3, 2013 departure)
• Canadian Citizenship
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent Japanese Language Skills (JLPT Level 2 or higher)
• Others as listed on the application form
This job was posted on Nov 07, 2012
and will be removed on Nov 30, 2012
All applications must be received before Nov 30, 2012
Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme
Please Contact: JET Desk
Phone: 604-684-5868 ext 397
Address: Consulate General of Japan
900-1177 West Hastings Street
To apply for this Job
Apply online at jetprogramme.ca.