Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$30,000 to $40,000/yr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Imagine Your Life in Japan with the JET Programme!
Obtain valuable overseas work experience, gain in-depth knowledge of Japanese culture, and meet participants from around the world, while contributing to language education and international understanding at a local level.
The Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme offers university graduates a minimum, one-year opportunity to experience Japan as a Coordinator for International Relations (CIR) through an official Government of Japan Programme.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Japan recruits candidates from September to November. Selection of participants is announced in April after application screening and interviews. Participants depart for Japan in late July 2016. Graduates and students who will obtain a Bachelor's Degree by the end of July 2016 may apply.
Coordinator for International Relations (CIR) Duties Include:
• Assisting with international activities carried out by local governments
• Language instruction of local residents and government employees
• Planning the activities of local private groups and organizations engaged in international exchange, and participation in these activities
• Other duties as specified by the participant’s contracting organization
• Full-time, one-year, renewable contract positions with benefits
• Annual Salary - 3, 360, 000 Japanese Yen
• Extensive support prior to departure for and after arrival in Japan
• Distance learning Japanese language training while in Japan
• Assistance with accommodation arrangements
• Return transportation to Japan
• Job locations throughout Japan
• University Bachelor’s degree (any discipline) obtained before departure to Japan (end of July 2016 for summer 2016 departure)
• Canadian Citizenship
• Strong Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent Japanese Language Skills (JLPT Level N2 or higher)
• Others as listed on the application form
This job was posted on Oct 30, 2015
and will be removed on Nov 30, 2015
All applications must be received before Nov 30, 2015
Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Programme
Please Contact: JET Programme Coordinator
Phone: 604-684-5868 ext 397
Address: Consulate General of Japan
900-1177 West Hastings Street
To apply for this Job
Apply online at jetprogramme.ca.