Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
About this Job
The Operations Assistant will support the maintenance and safety of the Yukon Wildlife Preserve, including upgrades to fencing, facilities, roads and equipment.
Job Duties Include:
* Maintaining animal pastures;
* Assisting with building new animal enclosures;
* Maintaining and constructing fencing;
* Minor building repairs;
* Harvesting browse and local flora to feed the animals;
* Assisting with animal care as needed;
* Regular monitoring of the Preserve to ensure safety for visitors.
Candidates must have:
* Relevant experience;
* Welding and light mechanical maintenance experience an asset;
* Experience operating heavy equipment, including tractors, loaders and trucks would be an asset;
* Handy and practical;
* Valid class 5 driver's license;
* Standard first aid;
* Physical fitness and ability to lift heavy loads;
* Willingness to work out-of-doors in all weather conditions.
This job was posted on May 09, 2013
and will be removed on May 17, 2013
All applications must be received before May 17, 2013
Yukon Wildlife Preserve
Please Contact: Randy Hallock
Phone: (867) 335-3130
Address: Box 20191
To apply for this Job
Address resumes to Randy Hallock, Operations Manager by email (email@example.com), mail or fax (867-633-2425).
Submit by Thursday, March 21st.