Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
About this Job
The Boys and Girls Club of Yukon is looking for energetic, dedicated people to work as Teen Years Youth Workers in our Drop In Centre program. This position would entail providing supervision, education, safety and leadership to youth 11 - 18 years of age. The Drop In Centre is a successful, free, after-school program for teen youth that runs out of our downtown facility. The program offers academic aid, an employment centre, recreation, music, community building opportunities, an indoor skate park, and a nightly fresh from scratch meal.
Teen Years Youth Workers will take an active leadership role in planning and participating in program preparation, delivery, and paperwork. The Teen Years Youth Worker is expected to manage group dynamics in the Drop In Centre, liaise with the parents and community members, and foster healthy and fun relationships with teens.
The Teen Years Youth Worker is expected to be able to:
- facilitate programming appropriate for teens ages 11 - 18
- ensure a safe and supportive environment
- prepare and manage attendance lists
- keep and manage an inventory of program supplies
- liaison with parents and community members
- care and maintain the Drop In Centre on a nightly basis
- prepare nightly meals in appropriate amounts based on attendance trends
The Teen Years Youth Worker position requires a strong background in youth work as well as the following certifications:
- CPR/First Aid
- Valid Class 4 Driver's License (or be willing to attain this within the first 3 months of employment).
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain a clear criminal record check. Experience with youth programming, recreation based programming, and social services are assets.
This job was posted on Aug 09, 2013
and will be removed on Aug 10, 2013
All applications must be received before Aug 10, 2013
The Boys & Girls Club of Yukon
Please Contact: Rowan Hall
Address: 6209 6th Ave.
To apply for this Job
Please send resumes, cover letters, or questions to Rowan at firstname.lastname@example.org or (867)667-2110.