Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$10.30 to 15/hr
About this Job
Reporting to the Technical Services Superintendent, the Senior Mine Engineer will play a lead role in the safe development and operations of the underground mine. More specific responsibilities include:
- Oversee the underground mine planning and design process
- Schedule mine development, stope production and backfill
- Oversee the operation of the mine ventilation system including ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Monitor the geotechnical stability of underground openings
- Track and control mine production and costs
- Coordinate underground development and production with the mine contractor
- Maintain effective records of mine production and as-built records
- Contribute to the development of the company safety culture
- Mine Engineering related university degree and a minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in underground mining
- Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the Yukon Territory
- Demonstrated record of safety leadership
- Proficiency in mine planning software; Surpac, Mine 2-4-D and AutoCAD, preferable.
- Excellent skills in developing and using spreadsheets.
- Experience in development of a new mine considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work a rotational work schedule of 2 weeks in x 2 weeks out
- Consent to a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug & alcohol screening
Wolverine is a “dry camp”, fly-in/fly-out underground mine operation. The minesite is located midway between Ross River and Watson Lake on the Robert Campbell Highway and is approximately 280 km by air northeast of Whitehorse.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume via ema
This job was posted on Feb 01, 2013
and will be removed on Mar 31, 2013
All applications must be received before Mar 31, 2013
To apply for this Job
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax, toll-free, at (866) 887-7517. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.