Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
About this Job
Contract: (Part Time) Immediately until June 19th, 2015
This position reports to the Operations Coordinator.
To provide supervision, education, safety and leadership to youth 5-12 years of age. Middle Years Youth Workers (MYYW) will actively plan and participate in activities, and program delivery. Using healthy relationship, Asset Building Foundations, Solution-focused strategy, along with socially expected role modeling, the MYYW will be fully involved with activities and youth issues as presented.
Position Specific Duties
• Foster an atmosphere that promotes healthy lifestyle, self-esteem, teamwork through fun, safe and challenging activities while being a positive adult role model;
• Implement the organization, promotion and execution of weekly programs and/ assist in any other BGCY programs. This may include; attendance, creation of activities, and supervision of volunteers;
• Work towards program outcomes as defined by Program Area Leaders and supervisors;
• Provide regular updates to parents/guardians on the behavior of their child for registered programs;
• Maintain program/site log books, attendance and other records;
• Maintain, track and request program supplies as needed within the appropriate timelines laid out in the BGCY Youth Worker procedure manual;
• Assist Program Area Leaders in program delivery, evaluation and outcome tracking.
General Associated Duties
• Be aware of design and facilitate the delivery of appropriate service to each participant’s physical, medical, emotional and social needs, as per safety and programming policy/procedure;
• Create a healthy and enjoyable atmosphere for members, staff and community;
• Work as a team member with other staff/volunteers;
• Participate in relevant training opportunities;
• Aid in recording attendance on a daily basis to ensure all members are accounted for as per safety and programming policy/procedure;
• Attend regular staff meetings;
• Ensure proper opening and lock up of all facilities – if applicable;
• Set-up and dismantle all rooms for programs and leave them clean;
• Assist in the preparation of office correspondence;
• Assist in office/site reception, including greeting, answering telephones, and providing general information;
• Assist in general maintenance duties/cleaning of facilities, vehicles and equipment;
• Other light office duties as required, including any other related duties, as requested by supervisor.
The MYYW position requires a strong background in youth work as well as the following certifications:
• Current Criminal Record Check;
• Experience working with children or youth;
• Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate;
• Valid Class 5 Driver's License;
• Access to reliable transportation;
• Demonstrated teamwork with the ability to problem solve and find resolutions to issues/conflict;
• Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills;
• An interest/affinity for sports and recreation.
This job was posted on May 06, 2015
and will be removed on May 15, 2015
All applications must be received before May 15, 2015
The Boys & Girls Club of Yukon
Please Contact: Patrick Keenan
Address: 6209 6th Ave
To apply for this Job
Please send resumes, cover letters, or questions to Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact (867)667-2110 for more information.