Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$10.86 to 15/hr
About this Job
NAME OF ORGANIZATION
Boys and Girls Club of Yukon
Teen Years Youth Worker
Contract: August 26th, 2015 to June 17th, 2016
Starting Wage: $13 to $15.00 /hour
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 2 PM to 6 PM (20 Hours/Week)
This Position reports directly to the Middle Years Program Coordinator. The incumbent is responsible for leading volunteers and Auxiliary On-Call Workers on the program site.
Weekday Warriors is an afterschool program that engages children between the ages of 6 to 12 with programming and activities designed to encourage the growth of developmental assets. While primarily a recreation based program, Weekday Warriors engages youth recreation, nutrition, arts and literacy programming.
Reporting to Middle Years Program Coordinator, the Middle Years Youth Worker is responsible for aiding the Program Coordinator in the implementation of the program.
• Ensures that BGCY program standards, guidelines and policies are followed, and that programs align to BGCY’s Mission, Vision, Values and strategic direction;
• Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of program development and delivery, as per BGCY policy and procedure;
• Attends scheduled staff meetings and training sessions;
• Keeps informed and has a general awareness of all BGCY programs and services;
• Assist the Program Coordinator in light office duties and other related duties as requested.
Program Development and Reporting
• Aids the Program Coordinator in the implementation of middle-years appropriate programming, ensuring that the social/recreational needs of children and families who visit the program are met;
• Aids the Program Coordinator in recording regular accurate program records, statistics, health and safety reports, and other records as requested by the Operations Director.
• Engages middle years youth in appropriate programming and activities as per a developed program plan;
• Work as part of a team to foster an atmosphere that promotes healthy lifestyle, self-esteem, teamwork through fun, safe, and challenging activities, while being a positive adult role model;
• Ensure site safety, cleanliness, and security, including the proper opening and lock up of all facilities, set-up and dismantling of all program areas, general maintenance duties, and ensuring proper care for all vehicles and equipment;
• Ensure client safety by adhering to all BGCY emergency policy and procedures and conducting regular staff, participant and site safety exercises.
• Act as secondary liaison with parents/guardians and aid the Program Coordinator in providing regular updates to parents/guardians on the behaviour and development of their child;
• Assist in office reception, including greeting, answering telephones and providing general information.
• Current Criminal Record Check (Vulnerable Sector);
• Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate;
• One year of experience in providing programs for children and youth in a social, recreational or similar environment;
• Demonstrated teamwork skills;
• Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills;
• An educational background in recreation, social services, child and youth care, or equivalent is an asset;
• Valid Class 5 Driver's License and access to reliable transportation is an asset.
This job was posted on Jul 20, 2015
and will be removed on Aug 07, 2015
All applications must be received before Aug 07, 2015
The Boys & Girls Club of Yukon
Please Contact: Patrick Keenan
Address: 306A Alexander
To apply for this Job
Please send resumes, cover letters, or questions to Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact (867)667-2110 for more information.