Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$20 to $25/hr
About this Job
Temporary assignment until January 31, 2013 .
The incumbents supply general labouring services to the Operations Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs road repairs and traffic control functions and assists with forming and finishing of concrete curbs, gutters, sidewalks and pads.
2. Assists in the laying and backfilling of pipes, adjusting, grouting and benching manholes and catchbasins, and clearing plugged or frozen pipes and appurtenances.
3. Shovels snow and clears brush.
4. Performs maintenance and installations on bridges, large culverts, guardrails, and street light standards.
5. Backfills and compacts excavated areas.
6. Moves material and tools between jobs and hauls towed equipment.
7. Assists with sign shop and pumphouse crews, and all other departments’ labouring duties.
8. Landscaping (retaining walls, fences, sod lawns, trees & shrubs).
9. Distribute supplies to City Departments.
10. Answers or distributes enquiries.
11. Acts as Packer Operator and HEO1 as assigned
12. Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards, including safety for public around traffic and work sites (e.g., flagging).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Completion of Grade 10
• Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Endorsement (or ability to obtain within 1 year)
• Confined Space Entry and Traffic Control Certificates
• Standard First Aid Certificate
• Previous Experience - 1 year related
• Transportation of Dangerous Goods
• Electrical Overhead Wire Course
• Traffic Control Course
• Confined Space Entry
Required To Operate Equipment Such As:
First aid equipment, office equipment, computer with applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Class and ERP, audio-visual equipment, basic maintenance tools and water test kits.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This is a Salary Range 5 position ($21.95 to $25.83 per hour).
This job was posted on Nov 19, 2012
and will be removed on Nov 23, 2012
All applications must be received before Nov 23, 2012
City of Whitehorse
To apply for this Job
Interested candidates should forward applications/ resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 pm, November 23, 2012. Please quote job posting #112-PW-12.