Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Yukon Zinc Corporation has an immediate need for an experienced Surface Maintenance Supervisor at its Wolverine Mine in the southeast Yukon Territory.
Make Wolverine Mine your next career choice!
A commitment to values: Safety, Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Prosperity, Collaboration
A new team for a new mine creates opportunities for professional achievement
Charter flights direct to site from Vancouver, Prince George and Whitehorse...currently with pick up points in Campbell River, Smithers, Terrace, Watson Lake and Ross River.
Company supported travel to the charter’s pick up point
Reporting to the Surface Operations Superintendent / Manager, the Surface Maintenance Supervisor plays a key role in the repair and maintenance of all surface equipment. More specific responsibilities to include:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the repair and maintenance of mobile heavy and light vehicles and support equipment including generator engines and ancillary equipment
- Supervise a team of Heavy Duty Mechanics , Welder/Fabricators and Powerhouse Personnel
- Contribute to the forecasting of routine PM, major component replacements and scheduled overhauls
- Liaise with vendor service and product support personnel
- Assist in hands on repairs
- Ensure the safe operation of generators, mobile heavy and light vehicles, and support equipment
- Organize responses to emergency breakdowns and provide troubleshooting assistance and guidance as required
- Demonstrate and promote safety skills and leadership within a team environment
- Trade qualification as a Heavy Duty Mechanic, Red Seal preferred
- Previous Supervisory experience in the Mobile Mechanical maintenance field
- Underground Mobile equipment maintenance and repair experience a definite asset
- Experience with the scheduling and repair of mobile heavy and light vehicles and support equipment
- Previous experience developing and implementing a maintenance program and CMMS experience
- Excellent work ethics and demonstrated record of safety leadership.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Email.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work a 2 week x 2 week rotation
- Remote camp (northern climate) experience preferable
- Consent to a pre-employment Consent to a pre-employment medical examination which includes a drug & alcohol screening
This job was posted on Jan 01, 2013
and will be removed on Mar 31, 2013
All applications must be received before Mar 31, 2013
Phone: (866) 887-7517
To apply for this Job
Wolverine is a “dry camp”, fly-in/fly-out underground mine operation. The minesite is located midway between Ross River and Watson Lake on the Robert Campbell Highway and is approximately 280 km by air northeast of Whitehorse.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their resume via the current careers option on our website at www.yukonzinc.com, or by fax, toll free, at (866) 887-7517. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we are only able to contact those who have been shortlisted.