Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
There is no better way to experience the Yukon than living, working & playing in one of the Klondike’s most exciting locations. Nestled in the Klondike River Valley and surrounded by a fever to strike it rich Dawson City’s charm and history are calling to you.
With competitive wages and great cruise and land privileges, Holland America Line and Princess Cruises have an adventure in mind for you.
Our season spans from May through September, during which you will help provide our guests with an unmatched adventure, and together, experience the Yukon in a way you will never forget.
Driver/Guides provide a multitude of services in the Dawson area. Local tours, transfers and daily roundtrips to Tombstone Territorial Park are some of the services provided, as well as long haul charters. Driver/Guides are responsible for the safety of their guests and their coach. They are to present professional face and to interact with guests in a mature manner. Knowledge and understanding of the tours is important and willingness to be flexible in dynamic situations.
Rate: $13.00 and Up (dependent on experience)
Hours:30 to 40 hours per week
• Must be at least 21 years of age, hold a valid driver's license and have a clean driving record in order to drive company vehicles.
• Must possess a valid CDL Class 2 or higher. Meets all governmental and company requirements to drive commercial company vehicles.
• Must be able to legally work in Canada. Preferably has at least one year previous experience with the company or within the tourism industry.
• Ability to work both as an individual and as a team.
• Possess a current CPR and First Aid certificate.
• Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail, clearly communicate ideas and thoughts both written and verbally.
• Confidence and ability to make quick and assured decisions.
• Work in Dawson City from the end of April to September.
• As a final condition of offer, all candidates for employment in, or transfer or promotion to a position in which they are required to operate a Company vehicle must pass a drug test. Assignment to the position is conditional upon a negative test result. Upon employment, employees who drive Company vehicles will also be subject to drug and alcohol testing on a random, post-accident, and reasonable cause basis.
• Must be authorized to work in Canada
This job was posted on Dec 11, 2012
and will be removed on Jan 31, 2013
All applications must be received before Feb 01, 2013