Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$20 to $25/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Reporting to the Manager Environmental Services, the laundry worker provides laundry/linen services to all areas of the hospital and customers under contract by processing soiled linen, uniforms and patients' clothes. This position also operates a variety of industrial laundry equipment such as washers, dryers, folder, weight scale, lifts, conveyor sorting belt, light table, labeling/thermopatch and sewing machines. In addition, this position weighs, folds, sorts, mends and inspects linens; and prepares linen exchange carts for delivery to user areas.
The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:
• General knowledge of hospital/commercial laundry procedures.
• Knowledge of operating commercial laundry equipment.
• Ability to maintain laundry machines.
• Ability to follow safety procedures when operating laundry equipment.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Effective interpersonal skills.
• Cross cultural awareness.
The successful candidate will have 3 to 6 months experience in institution/commercial laundry operations and must have WHMIS (or obtain within the first month of hire). Custodial or housekeeping experience is an asset.
This job was posted on Dec 27, 2012
and will be removed on Jan 07, 2013
All applications must be received before Jan 07, 2013