Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$20 to $25/hr
Hours per Week
To be determined
About this Job
Casual On Call – No guarantee of hours
This position is at the L01 level with an hourly pay range of $22.03 to $27.88.
Reporting to the Manager of Environmental Services, the Custodial Worker provides housekeeping services in all areas of the hospital and to contracted customers as assigned by the Manager of Environmental Services.
Knowledge and skills required for this position are as follows:
• General knowledge of basic housekeeping practices
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing the English language
• Ability to maintain cleanliness
• Ability to read and understand and follow directions
• Ability to set priorities and organize work and assignments
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Cross-cultural awareness
The successful applicant is required to have at least three (3) month’s experience performing housekeeping duties; valid class 5 drivers license; Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) (to be obtained within 1st month of hire). Desired experience in an institutional or commercial laundry operations.
This job was posted on Dec 24, 2012
and will be removed on Jan 07, 2013
All applications must be received before Jan 07, 2013