Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Many Rivers seeks an
Outreach Van Coordinator in Whitehorse
The Outreach Van is a coordinated multi-agency service that provides poverty reduction and harm reduction services to vulnerable street involved people in Whitehorse. Now operating in its 10th year, we are seeking an energetic person with exceptional organizational skills to lead in the delivery of this essential service.
The Coordinator provides leadership & team building to van staff, provides public education and awareness about the van and its clients to community stakeholders, fosters funding and donation relationships, develops & coordinates partnerships and volunteers, manages supplies & equipment, and works directly with the clients 2 nights/week.
This is a full time permanent position (37.5 hours/week) in Whitehorse.
Salary Range $ 59,294 - $ 68,455 with generous benefits package.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Minimum 3-5 years' experience in program management, program coordination or equivalent preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
• A high level of organizational skills, problem solving, and proven experience in coordinating and relationship building.
• Public relations experience including public speaking, and knowledge of working with a variety of communications channels and tools to publicize and promote.
• An understanding of vulnerable street involved people, people who use drugs, and people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
• Experience and sensitivity working with Yukon First Nations.
• A strong understanding of the philosophy and practice of harm reduction combined with keen ability to advocate for vulnerable populations and harm reduction programs.
This job was posted on Jan 23, 2013
and will be removed on Feb 05, 2013
All applications must be received before Feb 05, 2013
Many Rivers Counselling and Support Services
Please Contact: Susanne Frauchiger
Phone: (867) 667-2970
Address: Many Rivers Counselling & Support Services
4071 – 4th Ave.
To apply for this Job
Many Rivers is a unionized work place covered by a Collective Agreement with PSAC. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides meaningful work in a non-profit human service team environment, please submit a resume with cover letter by February 05, 2013
Many Rivers Counselling & Support Services
4071 – 4th Ave.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those invited to interview will be contacted. For more details please visit our website at www.manyrivers.yk.ca