Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
This is an exciting and transformational time for self-regulation in nursing. The Yukon Registered Nurses Association (YRNA) is the regulatory body and professional association for registered nurses in the Yukon.
Location: Suite 204 4133 4th Avenue, Whitehorse
Hours: Monday – Friday, days
Salary: To be discussed
• YRNA is responsible for establishing and promoting standards of practice for registered nurses, for regulating nursing practice and for advancing professional excellence in the interest of the public.
• YRNA advocates for nursing and health policies and practices which support safe and ethical care and promotes healthy public policy.
• A good understanding of legislative and regulatory issues
• Knowledge of nursing and health policy
• A demonstrated ability in leadership, communication, interpersonal and critical thinking skills
• An ability to manage competing priorities
• Considerable independent judgment and decision-making skills
• Ability to understand broad policy implications, yet ensure attention to detail
• Experience working with governing bodies and committees
• Administrative experience is desirable
• Minimum of five years nursing practice
• Practicing registration with YRNA
For more information, please contact the YRNA office. Please note this position is half-time.
This job was posted on Feb 08, 2013
and will be removed on Mar 31, 2013
All applications must be received before Mar 31, 2013
Yukon Registered Nurses Association
Address: 204 - 4133 - 4th Avenue
To apply for this Job
Résumés should be addressed to Joy Peacock, RN, MSc., Executive Director of YRNA.
Apply with resume:
By Mail: Yukon Registered Nurses Association
204 – 4133 – 4th Avenue
Whitehorse, YT Y1A 1H8
By Fax: 867-668-5123
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information contact: Joy Peacock, RN, MSc., Executive Director of YRNA.
By Phone: (867)667-4062