Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$11.07 to 15/hr
About this Job
The Yukon Wildlife Preserve is seeking self-motivated candidates with a passion for engaging visitors in the unique wildlife viewing opportunities at the Yukon Wildlife Preserve!
The Winter Wildlife Interpreter will work with visitors to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve to deliver interpretive bus tours and educational programs focused on northern wildlife, ecology and cultures. The Winter Wildlife Interpreter must be independent, enthusiastic and committed to improving their knowledge and delivery of interpretive programs.
This is a part time job working every 2nd weekend, plus on call hours on weekdays. Extra hours will be available during March Break.
• Delivering guided tours to members of the public;
• Supporting the visitor receptionist with greeting visitors,
• Processing cash transactions, membership applications and tracking visitor statistics;
• Maintenance duties including shoveling snow, light cleaning and maintaining tour vans;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Part time hours (min. 20hrs every 2 weeks) from date of hire to May 5th;
• Full time hours (80hrs over 2 weeks) for March Break (March 8th to 24th).
• Valid class 4 driver’s license;
• Standard first aid certificate;
• Excellent communication and public speaking skills and/or experience delivering interpretive programs;
• Knowledge of northern animals and boreal ecology;
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset.
This job was posted on Feb 12, 2013
and will be removed on Feb 21, 2013
All applications must be received before Feb 21, 2013
Yukon Wildlife Preserve
Please Contact: Jake Paleczny
Phone: (867) 456-7400
Address: Yukon Wildlife Preserve
To apply for this Job
Please submit resume and cover letter by Wednesday, February 20th 2013 by 11:59pm to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve to Jake@Yukonwildlife.ca.