Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Unpaid Volunteer Position
Hours per Week
To be determined
About this Job
The Yukon Literacy Coalition is seeking a volunteer to help with the development of a volunteer system for the Yukon Family Literacy Centre (FLC).
The FLC is a multicultural, multi-generational on-site and outreach facility designed to enhance Yukoners’ literacy and essential skills, contributing to healthier families and communities. It is located on the 2nd floor of the Canada Games Centre.
The FLC is in the process of ensuring our volunteer policies are in place and creating a system to select, supervise, work with and support our volunteers. We would love to have a volunteer make this journey with us - by being a part of the FLC team and contributing to the development of Yukoners' literacy and other essential skills.
• Participating in training for volunteer recruitment, retention and management
• Assisting with the recruitment, retention, and management of volunteers
• Assisting with record-keeping of volunteers and their tasks
• Suggesting improvements to the volunteer system
• Helping to troubleshoot challenges
• Ongoing communication with an FLC staff person
• Cares about the work of the FLC
• Has computer, internet, writing and communications skills
• Works well with others
• Needs little supervision
• Two days for training and orientation along with other FLC staff
• 4-6 hours weekly (once volunteers are in place, fewer hours will be needed)
We hope to use our work with this volunteer as a model and learning experience to aid in treating and recognizing volunteers as the special population that they are. This volunteer will be appropriately honoured.
This job was posted on Mar 01, 2013
and will be removed on Mar 26, 2013
All applications must be received before Mar 26, 2013
Volunteer Bénévoles Yukon
Please Contact: Yukon Literacy Coalition
Phone: (867) 668-6535
To apply for this Job
Please contact the Yukon Literacy Coalition at 668-6535 or email Yukon.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity or would like more information.