Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
About this Job
Takhini Hot Springs is looking for a campground attendant for the period of May through mid September.
Located approximately 30km outside of downtown Whitehorse, Takhini Hot Springs is in a beautiful location with many surrounding businesses and facilities. It is a popular destination for both tourists from around the world and local Yukoners as well.
The employee will be given a residence on location with FREE rent for the duration of the job as well as a Bonus that will be provided at the end of the work term. The attendant will also have free use of the hot springs facilities.
• Operating and maintaining the campground during the summer months, including: Check-in (re: registration & payment), check-out (re: deposits, cleaning up, any penalties), reservations, daily cash-outs, customer service, enforcement of rules, follow-up to self check-in procedures, wood sales, sani-dump sales, RV site rentals, tenting site rentals, picnic site rentals and group camping sites
• Providing excellent customer service while ensuring campground rules are enforced
• Maintaining an inventory of cut wood for wood sales, trimming of any branches and/or shrubs
• Living on site, providing emergency call-out service
• Conducting site inspections on a daily basis, to ensure clients have cleaned up, and to clean the outhouses and generally keep the campground impeccably clean
• Updating the manager and keeping the manager informed of daily operations
• Working with the manager to achieve the summer work-plan
Education, Experience and Specific Skills:
• Grade 12
• Good to excellent oral communication skills, including oral fluency in English and German or French (desired but not required)
• Either post secondary education in a relevant field (i.e. environmental studies, forestry, business administration, tourism, etc.) or trades training in a relevant field (i.e. carpentry or electrical)
• Proficiency and previous work experience with cash registers, visa/interact machines, telephones, computers
• Proficiency with O&M equipment (chain-saws and other power tools, machinery, etc.)
• Proficiency with trouble-shooting electrical problems caused by power outages or by clients “blowing a breaker”
• Ability to drive standard transmission truck
This job was posted on Mar 13, 2013
and will be removed on Apr 30, 2013
All applications must be received before Apr 10, 2013
Takhini Hot Springs
Please Contact: Andrew Umbrich
To apply for this Job
Emails and phone calls only.