Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
About this Job
The Yukon Wildlife Preserve is seeking self-motivated candidates with a passion for engaging visitors in the unique wildlife viewing opportunities at the Yukon Wildlife Preserve!
The Wildlife Interpreter will work with visitors to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve to deliver interpretive bus tours and educational programs focused on northern wildlife, ecology and cultures. The Wildlife Interpreter must be independent, enthusiastic and committed to improving their knowledge and delivery of interpretive programs.
This is a part-time weekend job (up to 24 hours bi-weekly). Work location is the Yukon Wildlife Preserve, KM 8, Takhini Hot Springs Road, 30km from Downtown Whitehorse, Yukon. Wage: $15.50/hour. Extra hours available around Christmas.
The Yukon Wildlife Preserve is a zoological institution and a non-profit, charity dedicated to education, conservation and research on Boreal and Arctic Ecology. This position is well suited to candidates with background in education, interpretation, tourism, community development, social sciences, environmental science, zoology, biology or a related field. The YWP is seeking to build a diverse and energetic staff for achieving our mission!
• Learning, personalizing and delivering engaging, interpretive tours to diverse audiences;
• Providing excellent customer service to visitors at the reception cabin;
• Processing cash transactions, membership applications and tracking visitor statistics;
• Participate in regular evaluation exercises of program design and delivery;
• Assist with delivery of special events and other visitor services initiatives;
• Maintenance duties including light cleaning and maintaining tour vehicles;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to deliver engaging, knowledge based interpretive programs to diverse audiences;
• Interest, knowledge or experience in Arctic and Boreal Ecology;
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service;
• Ability to work independently and maintain enthusiasm with minimal supervision;
• Technical Requirements:
o Standard First Aid Certificate;
o Ability to pass a criminal record check;
o Class 4 Yukon Driver’s License by commencement of Employment;
o Competent with computer programs like Google Calendar and Spreadsheets;
o Bilingual English-French is an asset;
o Cash handling experience is an asset.
This job was posted on Sep 23, 2013
and will be removed on Oct 07, 2013
All applications must be received before Oct 07, 2013
Yukon Wildlife Preserve
Please Contact: Jake Paleczny
Phone: (867) 456-7400
Address: PO Box 20191
To apply for this Job
Please submit a resume and cover letter speaking to job qualifications as soon as possible to the Yukon Wildlife Preserve to Jake@Yukonwildlife.ca.