Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$10.54 to 15/hr
Hours per Week
To be determined
About this Job
Vision Express Optical Ltd. is a local optical store serving Yukoners since 1992. We specialize in eyewear dispensing with prescriptions from any optometrist. Our products include spectacles, contact lenses, sunglasses, and accessories. We provide same-day service, adjustment and repair.
We are looking for a motivated person to join our team and deliver high quality services to our customers and maintain the helpful and friendly atmosphere as always.
Job responsibilities include:
• Approach and greet customers
• Understand general optical product information
• Understand optometry prescription
• Communicate with customers and determine their needs by asking questions and applying product knowledge
• Use cash register
• Order and receive product
• Display and maintain product
• Maintain product cleanliness
• Maintain paperwork
• Maintenance of the Frame Grid
• Edging & assembly of eyeglasses
• Take measurements for customers and eyeglasses
• Adjust & repair eyeglasses
• Other duties as required
The ideal person should be:
• Willing to learn
• Having customer services experience
• Outgoing – comfortable approaching people & engaging customers
• Detail oriented
• Fluent in English
• Able to work independently
• Willing to work in a team environment
• Able to do basic maths, and work with machines.
• With basic computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
We are willing to train the right person. Please indicate expected wages. APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY. NO PHONE CALL OR DROP IN PLEASE. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
This job was posted on Feb 11, 2014
and will be removed on Feb 18, 2014
All applications must be received before Feb 22, 2014
Please Contact: Manager
Address: 110-1116 First Ave
Whitehorse YT Y1A 1A3
To apply for this Job
PLEASE APPLY BY EMAIL ONLY, WITH EXPECTED WAGES.