Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
About this Job
• The Yukon Art Society seeks an Arts Administrator Trainee who is community-minded, passionate about the arts, and interested in working with artists, art patrons and the public to promote the visual arts in the Yukon. We are also looking for someone who is a team player and has demonstrated potential to be an inspirational leader.
• Final hiring for this position is subject to approval of funding from the federal Career Focus Program.
Applicants must be:
• between 15 and 30 years of age
• a post-secondary graduate who is (about to be) out of school
• a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person with conferred refugee status
• legally entitled to work in Canada, and not in receipt of EI benefits
• available for a year of full-time work after the six-month training period
• diploma or university degree in arts administration, business administration, not-for-profit management, visual/fine arts or art education
• strong written and oral communication skills
Applicants with a suitable combination of education and experience (for example, art training combined with significant work experience in office administration or program delivery) will also be considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
• graphic design training or experience
• advanced computer skills, ideally including website design and maintenance
• financial management training or skills
• supervisory experience
• knowledge of northern culture and the Yukon arts community
The Yukon Art Society will be filling the position of Executive Director at the conclusion of the six-month training period. The Arts Administrator Trainee will be strongly considered for the Executive Director position, and is therefore expected to be available for full-time work for a period of one year following the training. The Trainee will be required to confirm this availability as part of their training agreement. The rate of pay for the Executive Director position is between $23 and $29 per hour for 30 to 37.5 hrs. per week, depending on worker qualifications and funding availability.
This job was posted on Mar 14, 2013
and will be removed on Apr 10, 2013
All applications must be received before Apr 10, 2013
Yukon Arts Society
Please Contact: Yukon Art Society/Arts underground
To apply for this Job
Apply with cover letter, resume and 2 letters of reference (ideally one from a post-secondary instructor and one from a previous employer): By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org