Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
SUMMER WORK OPPORTUNITIES WORKERS (4 POSITIONS) (Full Time Seasonal Term)
Public Works- Maintenance
Salary: Level 1
Posting Date: April 2, 2013.
Closing Date 4:00pm (PST): April 16, 2013.
Reporting to the Work Opportunities Supervisor, position is responsible for carrying out a variety of routine maintenance, grounds keeping and labor tasks for identified TH properties, lands, heritage sites special projects and special events as identified through work plans provided daily.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit a resume clearly demonstrating the qualifications below, as selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide:
Education & Experience:
• Basic knowledge or understanding of TH history, culture and values;
• Acceptable combination of experience and/or training in general maintenance practices, brushing and general camp maintenance skills;
• Knowledge of basic carpentry and maintenance of small engine equipment an asset;
• Class 5 license and ability to operate small engine equipment safely an asset;
• Basic knowledge of power tools, equipment use, operating safety and maintenance;
• Basic knowledge of safety procedures for power tools and equipment use;
• Basic knowledge or experience in performing basic carpentry tasks;
• Basic knowledge of safe work practices relating to general construction and grounds maintenance;
• Standard First Aid certification an asset;
• TDG and WHMIS an asset;
• Good personal organization and personal time management skills;
• Ability to seek direction and clarification from supervisor when needed;
• Ability to work independently and as part of the team;
• Ability to receive and follow verbal direction and instruction.
• Ability to verbally communicate effectively;
• Ability to demonstrate good work ethics, be reliable and self-motivated;
• Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with co-workers and the public;
• Ability to work effectively in a cross cultural environment;
• Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers and public;
• Willingness to continue learning through personal and professional development opportunities to improve skill set.
Conditions of Employment
• Mandatory confidentiality is a condition of employment for all Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in personnel. Failure to meet this requirement could result in dismissal;
• Certification in safety courses for ATV operation or willingness to obtain;
• Willingness to take training in safety practices and safe operation of power tools and equipment;
• Standard First Aid certification or willingness to obtain;
• TDG and WHMIS or willingness to obtain;
• Criminal checks are mandatory.
A detailed job description is available upon request.
This job was posted on Apr 02, 2013
and will be removed on Apr 17, 2013
All applications must be received before Apr 16, 2013
Tr'ondek Hwech'in Government
Please Contact: Drea Nasager
Address: Box 599 Dawson City YT Y0B1G0
To apply for this Job
By email to email@example.com.