Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$10.54 to 15/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
The Miles Canyon Historic Railway Society (MCHRS) runs a local, community museum, called the Copperbelt Railway & Mining Museum. The museum assistant will be responsible for the general operations of the Museum.
Please provide your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet both the essential and desired qualifications.
• An interest in Yukon history
• Experience working with children and families Excellent verbal and written skills
• Customer service experience
• Experience in conflict resolution and problem-solving
• Excellent verbal and written skills
• First Aid/CPR and an RCMP security check
• A valid class 5 driver’s license
• Post secondary education in museum studies, history, geology, drama, anthropology, tourism, marketing, or related field
• Experience working for a not for profit organization
• Experience working with the tourism and/or cultural sector
• Minor labour and equipment maintenance experience
Note: These are student positions dependent on the approval of funding. Candidates must have been full-time students and returning to full-time studies in the fall.
This job was posted on Apr 16, 2014
and will be removed on May 30, 2014
All applications must be received before May 08, 2014
Miles Canyon Historic Railway Society
Please Contact: Joelle Hodgins
Address: 1127 Front Street
To apply for this Job
Apply with resume, cover letter and references by email (preferred): firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 1127 Front Street (Trolley Roundhouse).
Please quote the position you are applying for.