Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for a range of tasks. The primary focus is on growing and maintaining BYTE’s connection with the Whitehorse community, through events and workshops for Whitehorse youth.
This person will plan and run youth activities and fund raising events within Whitehorse and will attend any other youth focused events on behalf of BYTE. They will be responsible for finding new and innovative ways for BYTE to connect with the community and to increase our community fundraising.
In addition, this person will be responsible for other within the office, including greeting visitors and callers to the BYTE office and providing appropriate direction and/or assistance.
Main duties Include:
• Plan and lead BYTE workshops for youth in Whitehorse and occasionally in other Yukon Communities.
• Plan and run youth focused events in and around the city of Whitehorse;
• Coordinate Whitehorse events in conjunction with community partners (Canada Day Skateboard Competition, Battle of the Bands and others);
• Seeking grants and other funding opportunities, including the preparation of applications to help fund programming;
• Find events that are relevant to BYTE and organise a table or other ways to have a formal presence. Examples may include running a survey, an information desk, fundraising or even running fun youth workshops at music festivals;
• Find other fundraising opportunities for BYTE within Whitehorse or the wider community;
• Help Connect Yukon youth with National or Global opportunities;
• Other tasks within the BYTE office to support our day-to-day operations. This may include arranging the free store or helping to clean the office. These duties are shared by all staff.
This is a role that will suit a dynamic individual, with a passion for the charitable sector. The following experience will be considered highly desirable:
• Completion of secondary school, combined with experience working in an office environment. Post-secondary school qualifications will be considered an asset;
• ability to prioritize and plan work and schedule according to organisational demands;
• A strong rapport with youth and genuine interest in youth issues;
• Successful experience developing, planning, promoting and implementing events and;
• Experience overseeing and managing project budgets.
BYTE is a ‘by youth, for youth’ organization that focuses on empowering and promoting youth throughout the Yukon and Canada’s north.
Our mission is to unite youth to strengthen youth voice, take action, and bring about positive change for the wellbeing of everyone. Our facilitation team travels to communities throughout the Yukon, Northern BC and NWT to deliver innovative and relevant programming to youth. We also host events and workshops in Whitehorse that foster creativity, culture, and sport. Everything we do is about helping youth to develop confidence, skills, openness, and a sense of belonging.
This job was posted on Jul 02, 2014
and will be removed on Jul 16, 2014
All applications must be received before Jul 16, 2014
Please Contact: Chris Rider, Executive Director
Phone: (867) 667-7975
Address: #2, 407 Ogilvie Street
To apply for this Job
If you would like to apply for this job, please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Unfortunately, due to high demand, it will only be possible to contact those applicants who are being invited for an interview.