Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for a range of tasks. The primary focus is on growing and maintaining BYTE’s connection with the Whitehorse community, through events and workshops for Whitehorse youth.
This person will plan and run youth activities and fund raising events within Whitehorse and will attend any other youth focused events on behalf of BYTE. They will be responsible for finding new and innovative ways for BYTE to connect with the community and to increase our community fundraising.
In addition, this person will be responsible for day-to-day tasks within the office, including greeting all visitors and callers to the BYTE office and providing appropriate direction and/or assistance. The position will also provide some general administrative and clerical assistance to the BYTE staff team, and perform other related duties.
Main duties Include:
• Plan and run youth focused events in and around the city of Whitehorse;
• Coordinate Whitehorse events in conjunction with community partners (Skateboarding Competition, Battle of the Bands and others);
• Find events that are relevant to BYTE and organise a table or other ways to have a formal presence. Examples may include running a survey, an information desk, fundraising or even running fun youth workshops at music festivals;
• Find fundraising opportunities for BYTE within Whitehorse or the wider community;
• Take lead on BYTE’s referral services, reception, BYTE’s Whitehorse events;
• Assist Executive Director;
• Perform administrative tasks;
• Help Connect Yukon youth with National or Global opportunities;
• Disseminate and tally result for BYTE’s annual survey;
• BYTE Club and;
• Join Facilitation Team and assist in facilitating workshops.
Based in Whitehorse, Yukon, BYTE is an organisation with a passion for empowering and promoting the youth of Canada's north. Our facilitation team (aged 18-25) runs experiential workshops with youth in all throughout the north, with a focus on working with rural youth. Topics include Ending Bullying, Healthy Relationships and Right to be Heard.
We also organise youth-focused events (including the annual Skate Comp and Battle of the Bands) and promote youth voice through advocacy and other youth programming.
The BYTE team is passionate about the environment and we’re proud to run a green office, which also includes a free community clothing “store” and library.
This job was posted on Apr 24, 2013
and will be removed on May 09, 2013
All applications must be received before May 09, 2013
BYTE - Bringing Youth Towards Equality
Please Contact: Chris Rider, Executive Director
Phone: (867) 667-7975
Address: #2, 407 Ogilvie Street
To apply for this Job
If you would like to apply for this job, please email a copy of your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately, due to high demand, it will only be possible to contact those applicants who are being invited for an interview.