Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian base metals mining company with two producing copper mines, the Cozamin copper-silver-zinc-lead mine located in Zacatecas State, Mexico and the Minto copper-gold-silver mine in Yukon, Canada. In addition, Capstone has two development projects, the large scale 70% owned Santo Domingo copper-iron-gold project in Chile in partnership with Korea Resources Corporation and the 100% owned Kutcho copper-zinc-gold-silver project in British Columbia, as well as other exploration properties.
As a Capstone Mining Corp. employee you will become part of a supportive, performance-driven and dynamic environment. You will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set working alongside dedicated employees from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. We place the highest priority on employee safety, protecting the environment and enhancing the development of the communities where we operate.
By joining the Capstone team, you will be become part of an inclusive and loyal team where you will be supported in your career growth through training, diverse opportunities and professional development.
The Mine DTH Driller and Sampler is responsible for carrying out drilling and sampling activities according to mine planning engineering, environment and geology. Incumbents typically have 2-5 years of experience with a DTH drill.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Driller and Sampler will bore production holes with a DTH drill. This role will comply with the established drilling plan.
• Conduct the sampling of holes cutting according to the procedure and standards established
• Keep the work environment clean and safe
• Produce reports inherent to the function
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time as required.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Must have the skills to operate job-related equipment in a safe and responsible manner;
• Demonstrated knowledge of safe work procedures and practices;
• A minimum of five thousand (5000) hours experience on a down the hole hammer drill within a production environment;
• Ability to work in a production environment and maximize production requirements (quantity and quality), i.e. drilling in different rock types and applying techniques that allow drilling in wet ground, use of casing, etc.;
• Operating experience with D65 and/or DR560 drills would be an asset;
• Read and understand drill engineering drawings;
• Maintain a valid driver’s license;
• Standard First Aid certification is desirable;
• Possess excellent communication skills, leadership skills, be autonomous, a team player and have an excellent attitude and behavior;
• Must possess cultural awareness and sensitivity; and
• Must deal with supervisors, co-workers, direct-reports and clients in a calm, positive, courteous and respectful manner.
This position involves working at a remote northern worksite on a 2 week on/2 week off rotation. Prolonged periods of time standing, sitting at a computer and/or walking to and from different locations on site are required. Exposure to extreme temperatures in all seasons is required as is working in extreme conditions such as snow, mud or ice.
This job was posted on Nov 25, 2013
and will be removed on Jan 31, 2014
All applications must be received before Jan 30, 2014
Capstone Mining Corp.
Please Contact: Human Resources
Address: Minto Mine Site
To apply for this Job
Apply by email: Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include your NAME and JOB TITLE in the subject line of your e-mail response.
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.