Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
About this Job
ALS Geochemistry is the global leader in the provision of analytical data services to the mining and exploration sectors. With over 60 locations around the world we are able to provide consistent, swift, productive and reliable service to our clients.
ALS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive work environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee are both recognized and valued.
Sample Preparation Technician (P1)
Location: ALS Geochemistry, Whitehorse
Reports to: Whitehorse Branch Manager
About the Position
Within the Sample Preparation Department, the Sample Preparation Technician will work with client samples and prepare them for analysis in our labs.
• Ringing, sieving (including International Soils), crushing, splitting under direct supervision;
• Loading and unloading drying ovens under supervision;
• Maintain own production logs;
• General cleaning duties for basic lab cleanliness;
• May assists with layout duties/tasks;
• Use correct methods in accordance with the established procedures and schedules while ensuring analytical quality;
• Observe established safety regulations and comply with all ALS health and safety policies and procedures;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
• Ability to work in a hot and dusty environment;
• Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks;
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs;
• Be cleanly-shaven in order to wear protective equipment;
• Please note that ALS Geochemistry operates 24/7 and will require day, afternoon, and graveyard shift work including weekends.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Good hand-eye coordination;
• Good organizational skills;
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team;
• Basic alpha/numeric comprehension;
• Basic English communication skills (written and verbal).
This job was posted on Jun 24, 2013
and will be removed on Jul 03, 2013
All applications must be received before Jul 03, 2013
Address: 78 Mt Sima Rd
To apply for this Job
Looking for further details?
• Candidates interested in this opportunity should send a resume and cover letter via email to: JobsCanada@alsglobal.com or apply online at www.alsglobal.com no later than July 3, 2013.
• Due to the high volume of resumes only candidates that state “MIN – Sample Prep Technician - WH” in the subject line will be considered.
• We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS Geochemistry but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.