Return to Job Board

Custodial Worker at Yukon Hospital Corporation in Watson Lake

Posted on Jun 27, 2013 in Healthcare & Social Services

Hourly Wage/Annual Salary

$20 to $25/hr

Hours per Week




About this Job

Reporting to the Support Services Supervisor, the Custodial Worker provides housekeeping services in all areas of the hospital and to contracted customers as assigned by the Support Services Supervisor and performs other related duties.

The following are knowledge and skills required for this position:

• At least three month’s experience in housekeeping duties

• Knowledge of housekeeping practices

• Basic knowledge of infection control for health care facilities

• Knowledge of proper bio hazardous medical waste disposal

• Knowledge of sanitation and safety practices and procedures

• Ability to perform janitorial and housekeeping duties in accordance with approved methods and procedures

• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in the English language

• Ability to follow directions and work with minimal supervision

• Ability to plan and set prioritize work

• Effective interpersonal relationships

• Cross-cultural sensitivity and awareness

The successful candidate is required to have a valid Yukon Drivers License.

This job was posted on Jun 27, 2013 and will be removed on Jul 11, 2013

All applications must be received before Jul 11, 2013

Yukon Hospital Corporation

Please Contact: Human Resources



Address: 5 Hospital Road, Whitehorse Y1A 3H7

To apply for this Job

Quoting competition #2013-177 e-mail your resume by 4.00 p.m. July 11, 2013 to: Human Resources Department Yukon Hospital Corporation #5 Hospital Road, Whitehorse, YT, Y1A 3H7 Yukon Hospital Corporation is committed to employment equity. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to consider resumes from International applicants. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada in order to apply, i.e. have Landed Immigrant Status, Work Visa, or be a Canadian Citizen.