Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Capstone Mining Corp. is a Canadian base metals mining company, preferentially focussed on copper, with two producing copper mines, the Cozamin copper-silver-zinc-lead mine located in Zacatecas State, Mexico and the Minto copper-gold-silver mine in Yukon, Canada. In addition, Capstone has two development projects, the large scale 70% owned Santo Domingo copper-iron-gold project in Chile in partnership with Korea Resources Corporation and the 100% owned Kutcho copper-zinc-gold-silver project in British Columbia, as well as other exploration properties.
As a Capstone Mining Corp. employee you will become part of a supportive, performance-driven and dynamic environment. You will be given the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skill set working alongside dedicated employees from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. We place the highest priority on employee safety, protecting the environment and enhancing the development of the communities where we operate.
The Minto Mine is an open pit and underground mining operation with conventional crushing, grinding, and flotation to produce copper concentrates with significant gold and silver credits. In June 2012, the results of the pre-feasibility study Phase VI were released which incorporated the results of some earlier exploration success, extending the mine life to 2022.
By joining the Capstone team, you will be become part of an inclusive and loyal team where you will be supported in your career growth through training, diverse opportunities and professional development.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Organize the logistics, coordinate staff and presentations for meetings and tours, both onsite and in the community.
• Attend events and tradeshows. Organize Recruitment programs and support in the established local and territorial events.
• Coordinate advertising for position openings by utilizing local, regional, and national advertising groups.
• Ensure administrative practices and policies are established, maintained and followed within the operations.
• Coordinate Site communications, including the company’s “style guide” and facilitate site-wide compliance (ie. logos, fonts and graphics).
• Develop and maintain employee recognition program for years of service, performance, etc.
• Writing and production of communication materials including, but not limited to, the annual report, Human Resources executive summary, policy manuals and campaign/branding opportunities.
• Develop print and communication materials and newsletters for distribution onsite, in Whitehorse and in Pelly Crossing.
• Work with the Human resources Manager and General Manager in relation to community sponsorships/commitments and involvement.
• Present and coordinate purchases of company branded promotional materials on site for distribution to employees and contractors.
• Perform effective, timely, professional and confidential administrative support for the site management team as required.
• Monitor, review and process office supply acquisitions.
• Provide supervision, oversight, coverage and support to logistics staff.
• Liaise with a broad variety of key stakeholders, including community and government.
• Continually review and recommend ways to streamline administrative process, practice and structure.
• Coordinate various projects for the HR Manager and General Manager.
• Generate and maintain site employment statistics.
• Communicate, resolve problems and raise awareness to the HR Manager and General Manager regarding stakeholder concerns within the community.
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-secondary education in related field
• 5+ years relevant work experience (site operations based) in mining or heavy industry operations
• Related post-secondary education degree
• Human Resources designation is an asset
• Organized, adaptable and able to multitask in a fast paced environment
• Detail oriented with strong time management skills
• Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and relation-building skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer Visio and PowerPoint
This position is based in the Whitehorse office.
This job was posted on Jul 29, 2013
and will be removed on Aug 30, 2013
All applications must be received before Aug 30, 2013
Capstone Mining Corp.
Please Contact: Human Resources
Address: Minto Mine
To apply for this Job
Please respond with resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.