Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
More than $25/hr
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Reporting to the Finance Comptroller, the Finance Clerk is responsible for performing day to day accounting activities relating to the preparation and processing of all Kwanlin Dun First Nation accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of accounting principles and practices, strong analytical and problem solving skills, excellent organizational and time management skills. Solid computer skills, a positive attitude, good verbal and written communication skills and desire to work together as a team are required.
• Administrative Assistant Certificate (or equivalent) specializing in accounting with experience in accounts payable/receivable OR the combination of post-secondary course work and considerable on the job training with experience in accounts payable/receivables;
• Experience using AccPac, and additional computer skills including AIS, Excel, Word, internet and e-mail are required;
• Working knowledge of accounting principles and practices including accounts payable and accounts receivable systems, process and procedures;
• Experience preparing and submitting applicable remittances, month-end and year-end account reconciliations and reports;
• Knowledge of KDFN history, culture, demographics, goals & aspirations.
Condition of employment include: an acceptable criminal records check and valid class 5 driver’s license.
This job was posted on Aug 26, 2013
and will be removed on Sep 06, 2013
All applications must be received before Sep 06, 2013
Kwanlin Dün First Nation
Please Contact: Personnel Manager
Address: Kwanlin Dun First Nation
35 McIntyre Drive
To apply for this Job
Please submit your resume and cover letter reflecting the above qualifications to: Human Resources, 35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse YT Y1A 5A5 or by email to: email@example.com or by fax to: (867) 668-5057.
The full job description and qualifications may be obtained from the KDFN website or at the KDFN Administration Office, 35 McIntyre Drive, Whitehorse, Yukon.
KDFN preference hiring policy may apply.
An eligibility list may be established from this competition.