Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
To be determined
About this Job
Customer Service Representative - Indoor Facilities
Casual - no guarantee of hours
Hours of work are between 0530 Hours and 2400 hours, Sunday to Saturday.
Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor, the incumbent provides reception, registration and general information services at the Canada Games Centre.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
. Grade 12.
. Certificate in general office procedures including basic accounting.
. Basic knowledge of CLASS Software and computer networking capabilities is an asset.
. Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
. Class 5 Drivers' License.
. Previous Experience - 2 years including 1 year in general office procedures and customer service and 1 year in cashiering.
. Attention to detail, customer service and priority setting skills
Required To Operate Equipment Such As:
Office and communications equipment, Credit card, Interac and cash machines, computer applications such as Microsoft Office, Explorer, Outlook, Class, ERP, desktop publishing and accounting/bookkeeping software, City vehicle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides recreational access to the public through Program Registration, Pass Sales, Facility Booking and Point of Sale services.
2. Answers, resolves, and refers a high volume of inquiries/requests/complaints by phone, e-mail and in person, and fulfills requests for information in a fast paced work environment.
3. Performs financial duties for intake, balancing, collecting and recording revenues; maintaining floats, and sending/exporting deposits and financial data daily.
4. Provides administrative and clerical support in order to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services, customer satisfaction and accurate reporting of statistical information.
5. Maintains client database by obtaining, recording and updating personal and financial information, ensuring data protection compliance at all times.
6. Coordinates central communication point for clients and staff by relaying information and required action, in both emergency and non-emergency, situations to relevant parties.
7. Maintains inventory and monitors use of supplies and equipment; ordering office supplies as necessary and recording client information for temporary rental.
8. Assists in the development of promotional advertising and maintains facility displays.
9. Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
10. Acts as Customer Service Supervisor as assigned.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This is a Salary Range 7 position ($24.04 - $28.26).
Interested candidates should forward applications/ resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org - ongoing competition. Please quote job posting #106-CGC-13.
This job was posted on Sep 20, 2013
and will be removed on Dec 31, 2013
All applications must be received before Dec 31, 2013
City of Whitehorse
To apply for this Job
Interested candidates should forward resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to email@example.com by the specified closing date. Please quote the job posting reference.