Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
$15 to 20/hr
About this Job
The Administrative/Field Assistant is a position based in Whitehorse, Yukon. The Assistant will play an intricate role in the Canadian portion of the Yukon River Inter-Tribal Watershed Council. This entails organizational and administrative duties. In addition, the Assistant will work with the Science Director and Environmental Scientists with program goals and objectives.
This position will include fieldwork during the fall/winter seasons; traveling throughout Yukon. Outdoor experience and survival skills are highly recommended. Organizational duties include report writing and communicating with constituents.
This position will, at times, require long work hours. This position will require flexibility, an adventurous spirit, a positive attitude, problem solving skills, and communication skills. Experience working with First Nations is an asset. The Assistant will aid in logistics, focus groups and meetings. Being a team player is a must. All employees of the department share common duties, making clear communication and reporting are essential. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Administrative/Field Assistant Responsibilities Include:
• Lead office reception.
• Communicating with constituents and Executive Council by phone, e-mail and in person.
• Communicate and assist other regional offices (Fairbanks and Anchorage) in organizational duties.
• Build and maintain positive relationships with communities, stakeholders, university partners, funders, and private partners.
• Aid in the coordination of trainings and workshops.
• Design any promotional materials
• Checking in and processing samples.
• Implement project work plans.
• Maintain a clean, efficient office environment.
• Assist in program reporting.
• General Field work (i.e., water sampling, note taking, etc.).
• Other duties as assigned.
• Administration and book keeping
• Outdoor safety
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Managing project budgets
• Familiarity of Yukon’s First Nations
This job was posted on Nov 01, 2013
and will be removed on Nov 22, 2013
All applications must be received before Nov 22, 2013
Yukon River Inter-Tribal Watershed Council
Please Contact: Ryan Toohey
To apply for this Job
If interested please send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to:
Dr. Ryan Toohey, Science Director
email@example.com or Fax: 907-258-3339