Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Journeyman Automotive Mechanic
Permanent Full Time
40 hours per week - 10 hours per day; Sunday to Saturday 0700 to 0700
The incumbent inspects, repairs, services and maintains all City-owned heavy duty, light duty and specialized equipment, and automotive vehicles.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
. Journeyman Automotive Mechanic Certification
. Class 3 Driver's License with Air Endorsement
. Standard First Aid with CPR Level C - 14 hours
. Previous experience - Minimum 3 years' experience which included welding experience as well as experience in the opposite area to which certified
. Proven ability to concentrate, pay attention to detail, organize, priority set and be a team player
. Must be able to work with little supervision
. Must be able to lift in excess of 23 kg for short periods of time on a daily basis
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Completes mechanical and welding repairs, including on site emergency repairs, and maintenance servicing and inspections as required, to meet safety standards.
2. Performs road tests before and after repairs.
3. Orders repair/replacement parts and materials as required, ensures prompt delivery to meet time constraints and ensures regular use items are stocked.
4. Prepares written mechanical assessment reports on equipment and vehicles and provides the Manager with technical and mechanical expertise as requested.
5. Follows, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
6. Ensures that all mechanical tools and equipment are in an acceptable state of repair and safe to use.
7. Advises and directs apprentice staff on the job site and orients City of Whitehorse staff on the basic operation and maintenance of equipment as required.
8. Acts as Equipment Maintenance Supervisor as assigned.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Required To Operate Equipment Such As:
Welding equipment (arc and gas), all shop tools, hand tools, lathe, diagnostic equipment, computerized maintenance management system and all classes of vehicles and equipment, computer applications such as Microsoft suite, ERP and individual manufacturer's equipment software.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
This is a Salary Range 12 position (Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic/Welder) ($32.09 to $37.76 per hour).
Interested candidates should forward applications/ resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to email@example.com by 11:59 pm, November 25, 2013. Please quote job posting #121-OPS-13.
This job was posted on Nov 20, 2013
and will be removed on Nov 25, 2013
All applications must be received before Nov 25, 2013
City of Whitehorse
To apply for this Job
Interested candidates should forward resumes, clearly outlining how their experience and education meet the position requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the specified closing date. Please quote the job posting reference.