Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
Hours per Week
Full-time (35-40 hours)
About this Job
Are you looking for an adventure? Are you interested in expanding your career while living just minutes away from some of the most breathtaking scenery in the world? Come to Whitehorse in the Yukon directly accessible on the Alaska Highway where the opportunity for career development at Northwestel is vast and the lifestyle choices are almost infinite. As the preferred supplier of telecommunications, we are customer and community focused offering the newest and most reliable products and services. We are also implementing an exciting $230 Million multi-year plan to further expand our reach to 96 communities covering all of Canada’s northern territories.
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis is responsible for management of the organization’s treasury and corporate finance operations. This role contributes to the corporation’s overall Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) initiatives by providing reporting and analysis, and the presentation of findings to senior management. Preparation of pro forma financial statements is coordinated by this position, which involves managing cross-departmental communications and relationships.
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis also provides business decision support to senior management and other departments within the organization; such support includes, but is not limited to, mergers & acquisitions evaluations. Additionally, this position involves providing general financial reporting, analysis and recommendations to a variety of situations as the need arises. The Manager of Finance is responsible for three direct reports: 3 Financial Analysts.
1. Oversee and execute day-to-day cash management
2. Plan, implement and administer long and medium term financing arrangements.
3. Manage relations with debt holders and shareholder.
4. Manage banking relationships with respect to credit facilities and account & deposit services.
5. Liaise with Bell’s financial planning team.
6. Coordinate year-end-expectancy and multi-year forecasts.
7. Design, build, consolidate and maintain pro forma financial statement models.
8. Support month-end and year-end internal accounting processes.
9. Manage financial reporting and analysis requirements for regulatory initiatives.
10. Manage Bell treasury reporting requirements.
11. Provide financial inputs for company’s Annual Report.
12. Work on, and in some case lead, special projects as required.
13. Provide leadership and direction to all direct reports. This includes performance management and development for these positions.
This position requires a professional finance and/or accounting designation, such as a CA, CMA, CGA or CFA and five to seven years of relevant experience. Experience in financial modelling is also essential. A background in conducting business valuations and developing business plans is an asset. The individual must possess strong interpersonal, communication (oral, written and presentation), analytical, research, and organizational/planning skills. The incumbent must have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments within a self-managed environment. The incumbent must also possess advanced Excel and PowerPoint abilities.
Friday, December 6, 2013 at 5:00 pm PST.
This job was posted on Nov 26, 2013
and will be removed on Dec 07, 2013
All applications must be received before Dec 06, 2013
Please Contact: Shannon Tessier
Address: 301 Lambert Street
PO Box 2727
To apply for this Job
Please visit Northwestel’s Job board and create a Candidate Profile. https://rt11.ultipro.ca/NOR5000/JobBoard/ListJobs.aspx?__vt=ExtCan
Select the position you would like to apply on and then choose “apply on line”. Or fax your cover letter and resume to 867-668-3236, before the closing date.
Only candidates currently eligible to work in Canada will be considered for this position.