Hourly Wage/Annual Salary
More than $25/hr
About this Job
Many Rivers seeks an Outreach Van Coordinator in Whitehorse
The Outreach Van is a coordinated multi-agency service that provides poverty reduction and harm reduction services to vulnerable street involved people in Whitehorse. We are seeking an energetic person with exceptional organizational skills to lead in the delivery of this essential service.
The Coordinator provides leadership & team building to van staff, provides public education and awareness about the van and its clients to community stakeholders, fosters funding and donation relationships, develops & coordinates partnerships and volunteers, manages supplies & equipment, and works directly with the clients 1 night/week.
This is a permanent part-time position (30/hrs per week) in Whitehorse beginning August 1, 2014.
Starting salary is based on $31.40/hr with generous benefits package.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in program management, program coordination or equivalent preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
• A high level of organizational skills, problem solving, and proven experience in coordinating and relationship building.
• Public relations experience including public speaking, and knowledge of working with a variety of communications channels and tools to publicize and promote.
• An understanding of vulnerable street involved people, people who use drugs, and people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
• Experience and sensitivity working with Yukon First Nations.
• A strong understanding of the philosophy and practice of harm reduction combined with keen ability to advocate for vulnerable populations and harm reduction programs.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those invited to interview will be contacted. For more details please visit our website at www.manyrivers.yk.ca
This job was posted on Jun 13, 2014
and will be removed on Jun 27, 2014
All applications must be received before Jun 27, 2014
Many Rivers Counselling and Support Services
Please Contact: Leah Ryckman
Phone: (867) 667-2970
Address: Many Rivers Counselling & Support Services
4071 – 4th Ave.
Fax; 867 633-3557
To apply for this Job
Many Rivers is a unionized work place covered by a Collective Agreement with PSAC. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides meaningful work in a non-profit human service team environment, please submit a resume with cover letter by email, fax or in person, by Friday, June 27th at 4pm.